Would building one of the largest cloud infrastructures in Europe excite you? Do you love to figure out how technology works and stay on top of the latest developments? Are you passionate about DevOps and do you have experience working with Linux systems or networks at scale?
We are looking for an experienced Linux System & Network Engineer to help us build best-in-class, web hosting infrastructures within Europe.
You will be building and operating the critical infrastructure behind hundreds of thousands of online services. Together with an international team of like-minded professionals you will be continuously striving for improvements to our environment.
Together with your team you will be responsible for:
- Designing and building scalable and repeatable (web) hosting infrastructures.
- The security, reliability and performance of our services.
- Advocating and adopting infrastructure as code best practices (or defining them).
- Continuous improvement of our practices, processes and technology stack.
- Sharing success and learning from failure. We support a blameless culture.
- Participating in on-call rotations for incident response.
Our main technology stack:
OS: CloudLinux, AlmaLinux, Ubuntu
Automation: GitLab CI/CD, Bash, Python, Ansible, Salt, Kubernetes
Cloud infrastructure: CloudStack, KVM, Ceph
Network: IPv6-first, EVPN, VXLAN, FRR, Cumulus Linux, Juniper
At CLDIN (short for cloud infra), our goal is to build the best cloud infrastructure for our clients. We work exclusively with a select number of large international web services providers and are already supporting a big part of the Dutch IT infrastructure and public internet. Our end-users represent anything from small (or very big) webshops to critical infrastructure.
We are rapidly growing our network within Europe and have a lot of technical knowledge in-house. We are all passionate and curious about tech. We like to push each other to keep learning and tackle technical challenges head-on.
What we offer:
- Remote first, although we fully support meeting in person from time to time
- A laptop, and as we all have our own technical preferences, you choose your own tools, OS and (dev)environment.
- Flexible working hours
- 26 holidays, with the possibility to buy additional days
- Working-from-home compensation package
- Personal budget for your home office
- Great pension plan
- Quarterly social events on great locations and the ability to attend conferences
- Personal development plans, tailored to you
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux system administration at scale (we use Ubuntu and RHEL-based distributions)
- Strong scripting and automation skills such as Python, Ansible, Puppet etc.
- In-depth knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology (KVM, Qemu, libvirt)
- Knowledge of, and experience with running a cloud computing platform (we use CloudStack)
Don’t fit all requirements but think you’ll be able to convince us? We’re happy to get in touch!