You are responsible for the performance and stability of our services and together with colleagues you work daily to make this infrastructure more reliable, secure and faster.
You're not unfamiliar with tools such as gitlab, ansible or, for example, salt. Or you're willing to invest in this knowledge.
You are also closely involved in designing and planning (complex) migration processes to migrate existing services to the CLDIN platform.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible engineer who enjoys building complex infrastructure for the internet.
You find it a challenge to design systems that are scalable for the future and you do not mind having to work until a problem is solved.
At CLDIN we mainly work with Linux systems and other Open Source software and technologies.
- you have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Dutch and English (written and spoken)
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux system administration at scale (we use Ubuntu and RHEL-based distributions)
- Strong scripting and automation skills (eg: Python, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or salt)
- In-depth knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS
- Knowledge of and experience with Filesystems & Storage (ZFS, RAID, NFS)
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology (KVM, Qemu, libvirt)
- Preferred: Knowledge of and experience with running a cloud computing platform (we use CloudStack)
- Preferred: Knowledge of and experience with CEPH
- Preferred: Knowledge of and experience with underlay and overlay networks (BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, EVPN)